Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Unobtrusive Research

This week the blog was supposed to be about Unobtrusive Research. We have spent the past two weeks hearing about different way to conduct this type of research practice. After Professor Laskin showed us how to setup Google Alerts I was excited to see what information was given to me this past week for the alert of "Crisis Management in Public Relations" I was really curious when I went down to the blog section and here was this blog about good crisis management.  I found it interesting in the sense they had a 'community chat' about the good pr of a local school district.  He even went as far as to post some of the conversation.  The part of the conversation I found the most interesting was: 
"McFarland: I see crisis management as something far more than "communication." Good crisis management is about good leadership and good decision-making. It's not communication that usually created the crisis, and communication and messaging cannot pull you out of it either."


I picked this part because I felt that people tend to think the communication is the answer to everything - it was refreshing to read an alternative view on how to handle crisis'. I felt that even though communication is a big part of dealing with a crisis it was fascinating to see its the only the biggest area. I also thought that this was a good way to show unobtrusive research in the secondary manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment