Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How to handle a crisis

When reading different websites to further my knowledge of handling crisis. I came across a Bloomberg Businessweek article explaining the top 5 steps in handling a crisis. I thought it was really refreshing to see exactly what a professional needs to do to get their job done. One of the key points that were brought up was the need to be transparent. I thought it was interesting because when it comes to a crisis most companies wouldn't want to air their "dirty laundry". I figured that most companies would prefer to have a cover story to make up for their mistake.

Another key point brought up was "owning the message." Gallo talked about how important it is to have a clear cut message because a lot of bloggers just copy and paste. Because of this, most of the companies message is spread over the internet at a rapid speed. I thought it was fascinating to read because I knew messages spread quickly but I didn't realize it was because of the simple copy and paste method. The article overall was interesting because it was nice to see someone put what needs to be done so bluntly.

No comments:

Post a Comment